Guest 111111

What'd you guys think of the vocab. questions and the difficulty of the texts?

I thought some of the vocab questions were quite difficult for SL students (evite, empecher, etc) since we had never been in french immersion. The texts were decent, I suppose, compared to my mock.

I didn't have a huge problem with the vocab; we lucked out and had most of those words on previous vocab quizzes, which I somehow remembered. x) On Section B, though, I really screwed up. I read it too quickly, mistranslated "discours" to myself as "discussion" and wrote a narrative about a discussion my friends and I had about the article. >_< But I included most of the points I would have included if it were a speech, I just wrote it in the wrong format... I'm not sure how that works out on paper 1, though I've been told format really matters on paper 2.

For paper 2 I did the fourth prompt, about treatment of animals in transport. Most of the people in my class did 3, though. My teacher was really focused on letter-writing rather than teaching us all the formats so I wasn't quite sure what to do for the newspaper article... I tried to make it look like a real one, basically; I did a small picture and everything. x) If that wasn't what I was supposed to do, then I'd really be interested in what the scorers think of my paper, haha.

In any case, I am certainly glad to be done with everything IB. And now we wait... x)