"The change of the English Language over the Centuries"

You can't do an extended essay in English A1 on a topic like this, it must be literary analysis. Additionally, because your mother tongue is English (I presume), the IB wouldn't really like it if you did a Group 2 Englis EE, so I don't think this would be a viable topic.

Just to add, the topic is way too broad. You couldn't do justice to it in 4000 words. You'd need a few textbooks' worth of words.

If you were to do it on the German language, you'd need to look at a shorter time period, maybe specify a historical/social factor that's influencing the change, and/or the change of some aspect of the language. Slang, grammar, vocabulary, etc. One of the substitutes showed us a crazy long word in German. It was like eight words mashed together, and it was a real German word. It was like four meters long.

I spoke to five of the english teachers today, and they all thought it was a great idea to do, although they did admit that the IBO wouldn't love the essay unless I made it fantastic, something they all thought I had the ability to do (which is a good thing). Although they did say this my plan of attack wasn't that fantastic (being as I said it to them I was thinking of it :)) and now we're all going to go through heaps of examples tomorrow. SSOO basically, I'll get back to y'all ASAP as to the new topic of discussion... :ban: