May 2010 Math Studies Paper 2

Alix

Discussion for the paper. Did you find it easy, hard, confusing? A lot of my friends found the last question, question 5 a killer. I don't know which timezone we have, but it was about a cylinder and having to find the x value of the surface area and then differentiating the equation you have, and then having to find the minimum value for the surface area. It was really confusing :bawling:

omg tell me about it the last question was soo lame. I'm not kidding on my exam i wrote 'this is maht studies, i'm overthinking it, it can't be this hard" haha. I'm just hoping i get error carried forward. found this paper easier than yesterday. for the first question i got a=0. for the yard question i got the angle is 30 and the total distance is 80m? then for ht efinance problem i thnk i got 2yrs and then 1yr (where it asked how long will it take for hte investmennt to exceed...) And where it said find the interest rate i got 2.56%. Someone plz reassure me

omg tell me about it the last question was soo lame. I'm not kidding on my exam i wrote 'this is maht studies, i'm overthinking it, it can't be this hard" haha. I'm just hoping i get error carried forward. found this paper easier than yesterday. for the first question i got a=0. for the yard question i got the angle is 30 and the total distance is 80m? then for ht efinance problem i thnk i got 2yrs and then 1yr (where it asked how long will it take for hte investmennt to exceed...) And where it said find the interest rate i got 2.56%. Someone plz reassure me

Lol I forgot to post my reply.. sorry :bawling: Yeah I completely messed up on the last question. i remembered for the interest rate, I got something around 2.56% too :P

Edited by Alix

Honestly, I thought paper 1 was easier. I'm timezone 1. I had trouble with problems 3 and 4 (got half way on both)... 4 was particularly hard for me because I couldn't figure out where to place the tangent line (stupid, I know).