group 4 course selections...

Zeke

Right now I am picking my IB courses, and in terms of the sciences we have HL Biology and Chemistry, and SL Physics to choose from. The way our HL's work out we must choose one of Bio or Chem. I am interested in taking physics but am balking at the bio/chem choice. I don't have specific plans for what I'd want to take in university however as I peruse UBC and SFU and whatnot I notice that although some programs require any two science courses, many engineering and other science-type items require physics and chem. At the moment I'm signed up for physics and biology because bio initially appealed to me more... but I was wondering if I may very well be screwing myself over for my after high school-years :wub: Any morsels of counsel would be greatly appreciated.

It all depends on what you want to do later, if engineering, then physics and chem are musts, but if you choose health/life sciences, then bio and chem would be a better bet. I highly suggest chem though, it's the link between bio and physics and would be required in any science program in uni. If you have no plans to go into science/engineering then it doesn't matter what science you choose.