Why is ITGS in Group 6 and what does one do in the class?

IB Heather

ITGS isn't Group 6. It's Group 3, I believe, with the other individuals & societies courses.

Your 6th IB course can be from Group 6 or it can be a course from any of the other five groups, if that makes sense.

I'm not taking ITGS, so I can't comment on that part. However most people take 3 HL and 3 SL courses.

Some do take 4 HLs, but it's really hard. Also math at HL is known to be very difficult. Taking four HLs with math as one of them is going to be even tougher.

There's a difference between "This is tough, but I can rise to the challenge" and "This is tough, and I might be able to do it, but it will cost too much, including time and happiness." I'm only saying that because for some people [and I'm guilty of this], saying that something is hard is like throwing a gauntlet down.

If you're going to apply to a US university, then credit from AP/IB classes might be really important to you. Out of the colleges that accept IB credit, the majority only accept them for HL courses. The reason that my school doesn't offer math at HL is because there's not a reason to. We just take the AP Calc AB or BC exam and get the credit that way. So I'm taking/have taken

Spanish SL [got a good IB grade and a bad AP one--no college credit],

Physics SL [got an okay IB grade and a good AP grade--got college credit for Phys B and I'll take Physics C exams this May.]

English HL,

Bio HL [and I'm going to take the AP exam for this class... maybe],

History HL [there's no way I can pass an AP exam for this because we haven't covered the same exact material or practiced with the format],

Math SL [taking the Calc BC exam next month. Most people get good grades on the exam because my teacher's amazing]

I hope that helped. I also took AP Chem during my 11th grade year and can get college credit.

• Like 2