Missed TOK presenentation, what now?

Phil0o

Two months ago I was sick when I was supposed to do my tok presentation, and now apparantly I dont get my IB diploma until I do it in november 2010. However I made a very good tok essay, is it true that because I missed the tok presentation I dont get my diploma???? I think my headmaster is mistaken here?

This is a quoted from an email I got from her:

"Philippe was not present for his TOK Presentation, which is a part of his Internal Assessment for TOK. This means that he will not qualify for the IB Diploma this May 2010, and will have to do his TOK presentation for the November 2010 exam session. I have had a lengthy discussion with him about this, and he understands the implications."

Edited by Phil0o

As far as i'm aware, you should have had an opportunity to do the presentation when you got better, providing it was before the deadline for all internally marked coursework to be sent off.

Not 100% of dates but i think it was some time in late March early april.

If you have missed the deadline then chances are you will have to re-do it in November. The TOK grading system as im sure you know will be an E i think if you havent completed the Internal Assessment - which is 0 and thus a fail.

• Like 2

As far as i'm aware, you should have had an opportunity to do the presentation when you got better, providing it was before the deadline for all internally marked coursework to be sent off.

Not 100% of dates but i think it was some time in late March early april.

If you have missed the deadline then chances are you will have to re-do it in November. The TOK grading system as im sure you know will be an E i think if you havent completed the Internal Assessment - which is 0 and thus a fail.

Yes but I have done my EE and TOK essay, and I am guesing I amgoing to score between 30-40 points with it. So overall I dont have a 0, this this still indicate I dont get my IB diploma even if I have done the essay well? And I did not get an oppertunity because I had to get a letter from the doctor but I just had a bad cold. They seemed to handle it in a stubborn way, handling it like it was an exam and not giving me a another chance when I get back. Everyone had their own dates on when to go, I was first, however others still had another month until it was their turn.

Edited by Phil0o

As others say, if you were ill at the time, it was up to your teachers to accommodate you to have a second attempt. I suggest you ask for one shortly, before the Nov 09 deadline passes! Be persistent! It is essential you hand in a TOK presentation mark as it is a key component of the Diploma.