HL BIO lab help!

mlc

HI - i have a bio lap due tmr, its for a DCP (data collection and processing)

the thing is its my first one & all the results are entirely qualitative! there are no numbers except the uncertainty of a graduated cylinder :P

im really confused, how do u go about processing the data & presenting it?

the sylabus says use calculations or graphs but the lab isnt made for that

i was thinking of showing pictures of the results. like the colour change. any suggestions?

any help is appretiated!

thanx!

What exactly is the colour change of? It's hard to say much without a little more info. as to exactly what's going on.

For instance if it's a pH change and THAT is why you have a colour change, you should be able to find some way to translate it into an actual pH.

I'd also be mildly surprised you've done a Bio lab with solely qualitative data. Maybe it's okay if you're only doing the DC&P part of it, I can't really remember what the specs are, but off the top of my head I'd be suspicious as to how well you could do with an experiment solely based on observation! Again though this depends on what you actually did, I mean I don't know, it could be fine xP It just seems odd to me!

Color change can be measured with a colorimeter! It gives you quantitative data as it tells you the absorption of a certain wavelength (color) of light. I guess it's too late for that though so include a picture and talk about it. You could talk about the colorimeter in your evaluation.