Math and the Arts knowledge issue

KyleAdams

I would like to do my TOK presentation on the relationship between math and the arts. The problem is that I don't know any knowledge issues that do such a thing. I would first like to talk about math and how it is important in the real world, then move on to math in music, and wrap it up with math in the arts. Is this a good topic to make a presentation out of? What are some knowledge issues you can see in this topic?

That seems really broad.. how much time do you have to present? Covering math, music, and multiple areas in the arts seems impossible in about 10 minutes!

We can't give you knowledge issues, but I've found that real-life examples are the best thing to ground your presentation in. What problems or stigma have you encountered when dealing with math and one of the arts? If you're trying to make a topic out of some TOK thing, I suggest you bring TOK from whatever topic you choose. In math we complain often about how we're going to apply what we learn to 'real life.' A few presentations can be branched off that issue. I hope you'll come across a topic that you find intriguing and fun. Bringing the TOK into whatever you choose shouldn't be too hard =)

• 3 weeks later...