Bio HL Design Lab Help!

lilitany

As a method of inhibiting enzyme activity, I am testing various concentrations of CuSO4. However, I had to make these concentrations myself, and seeing as there was an uncertainty between my calculations (I had to round the amount of CuSO4+5H20 to two decimal places) and actually weighing out the amount (±0.01g), how should I calculate the uncertainty of my concentrations? In my lab report, should I mention this uncertainty, or simply just disregard it?

Not so sure what you mean by

seeing as there was an uncertainty between my calculations (I had to round the amount of CuSO4+5H20 to two decimal places) and actually weighing out the amount (±0.01g), how should I calculate the uncertainty of my concentrations? In my lab report, should I mention this uncertainty, or simply just disregard it?

but you find the uncertainties from the smallest decimal interval/unit you measure in. So if an electronic scale gives you a mass to two decimal places, the uncertainty is ±0.01g, which I think you got. If you had to round the volume to two decimal places then use the same method to find the uncertainty of that. Afterwards, for data processing, you add the uncertainties if you're adding/subtracting the numbers themselves, and you add the percent uncertainties if you're multiplying/dividing/converting units.

Hope that helped in some way! :yes: