IA Word Count Concern

Just a quick question--what exactly constitutes the word limit? Do the words and variables contained in the student's diagrams count towards the 750 limit? If they do, are repeating variables counted twice or just the one time? For example, if I present 3 different diagrams and use "PL" for "price level" in each, how many words does that count for? Six, or only two?

thanks!

Edited by LCM

I remember when I was doing my econ HL IAs that labels in figures all counted. And I counted each one as one "word", even labels on graphs like "S" and "D" for supply and demand curves.

Basically I counted everything in that word document except for the title. Not sure if this is the official rule but I decided to err on the side of caution.

I'm in a position where I think cutting any information from the commentary I have developed would decrease the mark. I'm at 715 words with this included as a legend:

"Where;

AD – aggregate demand

AS – aggregate supply

D – demand

S – supply

P – price level

GDP – gross domestic product

Y – varying income levels"

However, in addition to the 715 words, if I were to count the above variables and other labels in each of my diagrams I'd be over the limit. Can anyone give me a definite answer? I want to be safe.