[History] Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989

mgmg

I'm a bit stuck on my research question; after having done some research I'm concerned there's just not enough out there to write it.

My research question is to see how the Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989 either helped or hindered the Chinese Democracy Movement / political reform in China.

(Background Information: Students in Beijing and other Chinese cities protests in the 100,000s in 1989 calling for democracy and an end to corruption, nepotism, and censorship. The protests were suppressed and Zhao Ziyang, General Secretary of the Communist Party (who had been sympathetic towards the movement) was purged. Afterwards, the government obviously did not democratize and political reforms were not made)

My biggest concerns are that there isn't enough information on this question specifically, and also that there isn't enough controversy (in the guide in this forum I read that there should be distinct historiographical viewpoints, and again I'm not sure if there are)

So, my questions are:

• What do you guys think of this topic?
    Do you have any ideas on possible directions I could take?
    ...any ideas for better research questions that still deal with the Tiananmen Square Protests?

I read through the forum rules so I hope this post is okay, I'd appreciate any help any of you could give me =]