TOK Presentation, Help!

samt_mansha

Thanks, DeStijl, that is what I intend to do, My TOK presentation topic was teenage relationships and social stigma, I had done a lot of ground of work and preparation with my partner. The problem is that it does not just feel right for both of us about this topic, talking to our TOK teacher, she said we can still change it, so I thought I just post it here to get some ideas for a head start. I have done deceptive advertising but again it is drifting away from the point is. And I apologize sweetnsimple786, if you thought I was asking framed statements for TOK Topics, then you might have mistaken. I was just expecting some ideas about general tok ideas or anything of that sort to help me come up with a topic. But anyways thanks. Abortion became unrealistic as clinics were unable to provide info. Thanks to both of you anyways. I think I'll do some read up of the newspapers and see what comes to mind. But honestly, I think the idea is something that will just strike me, I have done a lot of brainstorming, but nothing and I cannot do mediocre work, so I'm waiting for that moment. Thanks again you guys.

Edited by Mahuta ♥
removed some text speak.

If you're lost without even having devised a research question, perhaps you should consider changing your topic.

Choosing something you're truly interested in makes the TOK presentation a whole heck of a lot less daunting.

Thanks, DeStijl, that is what I intend to do, My TOK presentation topic was teenage relationships and social stigma, I had done a lot of ground of work and preparation with my partner. The problem is that it does not just feel right for both of us about this topic, talking to our TOK teacher, she said we can still change it, so I thought I just post it here to get some ideas for a head start. I have done deceptive advertising but again it is drifting away from the point is. And I apologize sweetnsimple786, if you thought I was asking framed statements for TOK Topics, then you might have mistaken. I was just expecting some ideas about general tok ideas or anything of that sort to help me come up with a topic. But anyways thanks. Abortion became unrealistic as clinics were unable to provide info. Thanks to both of you anyways. I think I'll do some read up of the newspapers and see what comes to mind. But honestly, I think the idea is something that will just strike me, I have done a lot of brainstorming, but nothing and I cannot do mediocre work, so I'm waiting for that moment. Thanks again you guyz.

Wow, you literally just copy-pasted your string of excuses again. Although much of TOK follows a spiral or somewhat circuitous pattern, that was just annoying and mildly insulting to the intelligence of the people telling you to think and to do your own work.

Why don't you actually put some work into it and come up with something you're passionate about instead of making us do it for you?

Its not that hard, we've all had (or will have) to do it. Now, man up and do your own work.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I agree with others on this string, we cannot come up with a topic for you but instead can give you suggestions as to how good/bad your topic is (i.e. if you come up with a topic first). Think about things that you enjoy and talk to your partner about his/her interests and I am sure both your brains can at least come up with one topic if not more if you put your minds to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohk... This post seem to be a bit of an ego issue for everybody.

I didn't copy paste my "excuses" as mentioned by one of the members, it was edited by one of the administrators.

Other thing, I'm done with my TOK presentation with a score of 19 and yes the topic was not given by anyone but my original idea (Morality & Vegetarianism, if anybody is curious) , so it is not like I am a lazy person who wanted all of you to do my work for me, I was just looking for ideas, and I asked everybody from my friends to family and I did the same by putting up a question here. Someone could have politely refused if they didn't want to help, giving me unnecessary advice on what I should and should not do is completely uncalled for. I'm at the top of my class and this community has been disappointing for me for the first time. But thanks anyways for whatever "suggestions" were given. Thank You. :D:)