Is this a good topic for my ToK presentation?

Pike

Im thinking on doing my ToK presentation on the concept of anonymity on the internet and its effects, why people may think they are anonymous, and how people who believe that they are anonymous think that they can act with impunity. Any thoughts?

The topic is new and very interesting.

I actually reaallyyyy love it. Just make sure you can pull it off.

I did a similar topic. I did a presentation on a specific physics experiment, and I pulled every area of knowledge on the diagram and applied it to the topic.

If you do something so specific, the goal is to shock the audience with the obvious process that you will go through of analyzing the topic from every perspective.

Like right now, I am limited in the superficial glance at your topic. If you want the high score, which you are well on your way, just make sure you have some really good analytical discussions that are very direct in tok issues but yet multifarious.

I got a 19/20, and everyone was shocked. They thought I got the perfect score. Ah, oh well. good enough I guess.

Good luck :P!!

Im thinking on doing my ToK presentation on the concept of anonymity on the internet and its effects, why people may think they are anonymous, and how people who believe that they are anonymous think that they can act with impunity. Any thoughts?

I agree with Biochem, cool topic :P

Just to add in something you might find interesting, if you weren't already going to discuss it, the internet and the anonymity of the internet often provides a great escape for people who are disabled. They can interact like normal, healthy people can, and aren't judged for it. Similarly a lot of people who're feeling depressed or are socially deprived also use it as a quick 'fix' for social interaction. It'd be interesting to explore the ways in which the internet can replace or simulate real life in that respect, too, perhaps O:

I don't know :) Good luck anyway! Seems really interesting.

my friends did a topic like this for thier presentation too. it was on alternate persona that people create on the internet, so which one is the real you? it was quite thought provoking. Maybe this helps you? most of our presentation was just applying what we discussed in class and in the textbook to our issue, such as ways of knowing etc. you can definitely talk about ethics etc. good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

besides ethics, what other AOKs can be talked about for this topic?

hey you can talk of the perceptions involved and a forum of discussion, wherein you are given the reight to speak. Besides this it gives different view points and with no masked bias against anyone, thus everyone is given an opprtunity of equality.

Besides this, it gives you a sense of security, since your identity is not revealed but yet you can freely interact...

hope it helps