Is there a way to convert a SL course to an HL course when the curriculum changes?

JStory

Hi! I'm a physics SL student from the US and in my high school, all of our non-language based SL courses are 1 year long courses rather than 2 years.

What this means is that the physics SL course I'm taking right now is in the old physics curriculum (the one with the options), however, a lot of the students in my class really want to take physics HL next year. But there's going to be a lot of problems with that since the old IB physics is being phased out next year and even if we were able to sit for the physics HL class next year using the current curriculum, what that'd mean is that my IB physics teacher would need to teach 3 different physics curricula in the same class (new SL, new HL, and old HL, all in the same class) as my school wants to have the IB physics course to occur at a specific period. This is not something any student wants to have done to their teacher because it's already stressful teaching a mixed SL HL course, much less a SL1, HL1, and HL2 course all at the same time.

What a lot of the students (including me) wanted to do instead is that we instead switch over from the current physics curriculum to the new one next year, however, my IB coordinator and my IB physics teacher haven't really been able to figure out how exactly we could do this since there's a lot of requirements for a course count as an IB course, especially with HL courses, and some of these requirements changed from the old to the new curriculum. 

What should we do? Is there anyone from IBO we can contact to see what exactly the requirements are and which ones the students can complete at home and which ones have to be done by our teacher? Is there perhaps a way to transfer all of the stuff from the old SL curriculum to the new HL one? Generally just looking for advice on what we could do.

Thanks in advanced.