Summer - What should I do?

bohemian03

So I applied to this summer camp but I was rejected so now I don't really know what to do.

I am looking for things that will look GOOD on my College Application (US). That is my main focus.

For now, I'm planning to volunteer at a food bank, work at a supermarket, and tutor. Is this good enough? What else should I do?

Because I live in the Netherlands and I don't speak Dutch, I'm really limited to the things I can do... I was also thinking maybe doing something to help out at the colleges here but that is very unlikely.

Tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

Well if you want to go to a US uni, then those are very common things that are done here in the states by students trying to get into the unis here, so there is nothing wrong with doing that. They are things that will look good on the resume that you will send in. If you were to add to that list I would suggest that you try to find something unique to do if it is possible. That will help set you apart in the application pocess, and my give you a little more help. But don't overwork yourself. Good Luck.

thanks so much for the help.

What do you exactly mean by unique though?

You should do things that reflects your passion. For example, if you are interested in conservation, do tree plantings.

However, finding such activities might not be easy if you live outside the U.S, so I think the admission officers will take that into account when they consider your application.

Do whatever that interests you. If you do something that may look good in a resume, but it clearly does not reflect your interests, then it would be pretty much useless.

Suggestions (even though I do not know what you like):

1. A new sport?

2. A new language?

3. A new skill of any kind?

4. Building a website?

5. Work (work experience is important)

Edited by Forester

Well, I love music more than anything. Specifically the piano but there isn't much for me to do during the summer but to practice because I live in a country where I don't speak their native language...

Also, I've been wanting to do sports for a while so joining in a team or something like that would good as well?