TOK presentation - non verbal communication

HJ:)

my TOK presentation is on Non-verbal communication, but as I was going into the topic..

I realized I haven't thought about the areas of knowledge. Any ideas? I put culture as one,

due to the fact that, in different countries there are different ways of expressing yourself.

I'm not entirely sure which direction you are taking your presentation, but you still have time. Just definitely try to establish a firm knowledge claim that is "title worthy" for your presentation. What are you trying to say about Non-verbal communication?

I haven't checked out the TOK syllabus in a while, but I'm pretty sure the criterion want you to focus more on your "real life situation" than go through the list of AOKs like you would in an essay. Regardless, if you're looking for ways to talk about non-verbal communication, you can definitely talk about its role in Psychology as a part of the Human Sciences. When looking at Psychology and experiments and studies about non-verbal communication, the line defining exactly where psychology is classified as an AOK is pretty vague and will generally be decided by the species of the subjects being examined.

Depending on the direction you take, I would recommend that you examine non-verbal communication as a form of language(WOK wise). You may want to discuss some personal accounts of when non-verbal communication was successful or not and try to talk about why this happened. With a presentation like this, your primary strength will be to connect the ways of knowing first (as opposed to trying to connect the AOKs)and demonstrating those connections with AOK specific details. So talk about how the non-verbal communication is interpreted by reason and then you can discuss examples of various outcomes and degrees of success from different AOKs.

I fell like that was somewhat rambling and incoherent, feel free to PM me or ask for clarification. :P