SARA PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! (this forum) UNITE!

Guest saraabramson

Guest saraabramson

does it give you a feeling of belonging or of being common?

do you long for a clever nickname? are you also cursed with a dull last name? do you plan to change your name?

have you ever considered using your embarrassing second name just so that you could be different?

how many other Sara people do you know?

how many are in your direct environment?

do you fear associations with other less awesome Sara’s? or perhaps you wish to be associated with a Sara more awesome then yourself?

do you sometimes feel offence (or pride) at behaviour of a TV Sara? or any fiction Sara?

and finally, why did your parents call you this?

im named Sara Malka, meaning princess queen... (i hate parents) and i am named Malka after my great-grandmother or something. and Sara after the biblical Sara... how come? Because my mother went to this religious man who blessed people and he made a mistake from his normal blessing and accidentally said "Sara, daughter of Tova", rather than "Tova daughter of Sara" (because in Judaism Sara is like the "mother"

anyways

what are your stories?

Edited by saraabramson

Here's another Sara for you. My parents named me Sara because it's an international name, used in both Sweden and Egypt (my two countries of origin). No biblical connections and such, they just liked the name. My mother was thinking of calling me Beatrice, but I'm glad my father disagreed.

Being named Sara makes me feel too common, it was the no. 1 female name to name your girl in Sweden in 1990 (the year I was born), so I've seen a lot of Saras in my classes during the years, once 1/4 of the class were named Sara. About the nickname, no, I really bless being named Sara then, because I hate nicknames, I never give people nicknames and I love the fact that they can't even give me one if they tried, nothing works! My last name is not that dull though (Afifi), in Sweden at least... So actually when people are faced with too many Saras they usually call me by my last name, which I don't really mind. I've never considered changing my name, nothing suits me better and I'm pretty OK with my name overall, my second name (Caroline) is common too, so it wouldn't really make a difference. I know like appx. 15+ Saras, in my direct environment (i.e. among my friends and such) it's just one though. I don't care about associations with other Saras, the only thing I'm annoyed by is the fact that some Scrubs series star named Sarah married a guy named Jamie Afifi or something, so now she's the most well-known Sara(h) Afifi in the world! Ha ha.