Party Planning

Im trying to get a head start for my 18th birthday party in December! I want to make it formal but lots of fun with dancing and music! However I also want a theme to give the party a special flair!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have any ideas?? I'm not very good at the whole party thing!!! LOL (im good @ parties *WINK WINK* just not at plannning them)

I always thought it would be fun to set a "childish" theme for my 18th birthday party! I'm turning 18 in June, and I'm contemplating on whether I should have a mild version of an Alice in Wonderland party... to kinda "leave" childhood or whatnot... entering the Wonderland of the real world! LOL! What are your interests? Try to find something that you're interested in that could make for a good party. I love A Midsummer Night's Dream, so that, for example, could be a theme. Fairies, woods, etc. Or just try a Google search for "fun 18th birthday parties" or something, and see what you come up with! Let me know if you get any ideas or need help... I love planning things! I had a blast planning my own graduation party! :P