World literature

Is writing an external about intertextuality a good idea? I would really love to compare how other literary work influenced a shape of two books and how differently these references were placed by the authors but I'm not sure if it is an appropriate place (generally students at my school compare a motive...). And there can be also a problem with writing everything within 1500 words...

Oh, and I'm going to write my world lit. essay basing on The Master and Margarita and The Plague.

thanks for your help IB fighters:P

Edited by Magdalena

I reckon it'd be a good thing as it is technically a literary device sort of thing, provided you have enough content WITHOUT referring much at all to those other novels. Check out the markscheme and the marks fall mostly for understanding of the novel you've studied and interpreting it. If you referred out to other books you'd have a struggle with the wordcount, I suspect, and it'd also be hard for you to keep 100% on your two novels.

All in all, I'd go for a safer topic, if I were you. Depends if you want the challenge or a surety of the marks :)