World Literature Paper

arjun571

Manipulation is very evident in each play, Torvald uses his ability to control wealth and his total power in the patriarchal society as a means of making Nora do what he wants, on the other hand, Natasha uses the affection that Andrei has for her to manipulate him and his sisters to her advantage.

Is this a good thesis?

My topic is "Compare Natasha and Torvald as manipulators"

Edited by arjun571

Manipulation is very evident in each play, Torvald uses his ability to control wealth and his total power in the patriarchal society as a means of making Nora do what he wants, on the other hand, Natasha uses the affection that Andrei has for her to manipulate him and his sisters to her advantage.

Is this a good thesis?

My topic is "Compare Natasha and Torvald as manipulators"

'Manipulation is evident in each play' - I do not think that should be a part of your thesis sentence.

Also, this seems like one argument to me i.e. 'Torvald uses his ability to control wealth and his total power in the patriarchal society as a means of making Nora do what he wants' and 'Natasha uses the affection that Andrei has for her to manipulate him and his sisters to her advantage' can constitute one paragraph in your essay.

So, I'm not too sure if you'll be able to find 3 decent arguments for that thesis.

It just seems... too focused/narrowed down?

Can you tell me what your 3 arguments are? Maybe then I can better tell if this thesis statement is okay.