America University requires SAT?

HJ:)

I am thinking about taking counseling for the profession,
and I heard that American Universities require SATs,
my question is, as far as I know you take SATs in 10th Grade and when you graduate am I right?
If I am wrong correct me :o anyway, the point is which results do they want???isn't IB enough for them???

Edited by HJ:)

If you were in the US, you would normally take PSAT in 9th or 10th grade. SAT1 during 11th or 12th grade (some exceptions of course). SAT2 would be taken preferably in 12th grade, but many take it earlier because it is not that demanding.

There are some liberal arts colleges (eg. Bates) that do not require SATs and only your IB grades are enough for them.

Actually, US citizen typically take PSAT during 11th grade as well in order to qualify for the National Merit Scholarship, but assuming that you are not an U.S citizen, you don't really need to take PSAT.

And about the SAT, many students take it twice to increase their chances of scoring higher. Many highly selective colleges (eg. Harvard, Princeton) require 3 SAT subject tests.

• 3 weeks later...

at the highly selective schools like harverd and princeton they not only require that you take it, but that you have a certain mininmum score.
less selective colleges aren't as strict obviously, but just about everyone does require them.
i'd start taking it as soon as you can and as much as you can, because it only gets easier and you'll have more opportunities to better your score.
but don't neglect to check out the websites of colleges you're interested in, they might have different standards for international students, as unfair as that sounds