commentary

so i'm doing my final economics commentary on macro economics; cyclical unemployment, aggregate supply and demand, etc
my article is about how Michelin Tire has recently laid off some workers due to “unprecedented deterioration in market conditions.”
any ideas what else i could talk about in my commentary to make up my word count?

Try to discuss aggregate supply and demand, I think that its currently off balance because the prices of goods are so high (well in Canada :) ) and people are not buying. Whats gonna happen? Will companies finally realize they can't keep up these high prices? Well anyway good luck! At least you don't have to write a commentary on a poem :)

Be sure that the article deals with the economy as a whole, not just Michelin. If it only deals with Michelin, you're actually discussing a microeconomic phenomenon when it comes to demand and supply, which obviously isn't OK when your commentary is on macroeconomics.

[quote name='bakerk4' post='40932' date='Mar 18 2009, 10:36 PM']so i'm doing my final economics commentary on macro economics; cyclical unemployment, aggregate supply and demand, etc
my article is about how Michelin Tire has recently laid off some workers due to “unprecedented deterioration in market conditions.”
any ideas what else i could talk about in my commentary to make up my word count?

maybe any reactions of workers? perhaps effect on the economy because of the loss of jobs? just some suggestions