TOK Presentation on Philosopher's on Big Bang Theory (TV SHOW!)

d00m5day

For those who have watched Big Bang theory, I'm doing a skit around 5-7 minutes on Plato, Locke, and Kant, and the three characters I will use to represent them are Leonard, Sheldon, and Raj.

If you have never watched this series before, I highly recommend it!

But for those who have, do you think it's a good idea?

I finished a six page script on it, but I'm not sure if it will work or not.

That show is amazing. Just remember that, since many people haven't watched the show, that your script should be informative/entertaining even without the inside jokes. It'll work as long as you don't rely on inside jokes, and cover information/are informative in the process.

It's too late :)

I'm presenting the next tuesday, and it's march break in canada right now :D

Two people in our class have watched it other than our group, so yeah..

One of my partners is portraying Sheldon, who is supposedly a Locke supporter.

My other partner is being Leonard, who supports Plato. *A little forced, but it works somewhat fine.

And I'll portray Raj, being Kant, who will act somewhat of a middle person between the two.

I can those who are interested a script of what I wrote. Since it's not copyrighted or anything. :(

Haha, sure!

I won't get the first part though, because we're doing a filmed section *which is the bulk* and a short live intro, because there'll be a lot of editing.

Knowledge issues... well, because this isn't really formal, we were never assigned to focus on a specific topic. Rather, to link the philosophies of two or more philosophers together, and compare :D

haha, thanks =P

Our group was actually inspired by many ideas, but we cut it down to only three ideas and we somewhat melded them together.

Originally we were going to do spoofs of so many things, like Star Wars, Resident Evil, Mario, and some other stuff.

Haha, I'm not even sure if there is a real thing, but anyhow, my teacher tells me it's easy marks *I know teachers aren't supposed to say that kind of thing, but hey. I don't know anybody who doesn't like easy marks =]*

I have no idea if there is going to be a more serious presentation in the future though.

But it's not going to be practice, it's going to be final copy :D

Well, there's the *actual* presentation that you get marked on out of 20. This, in combination with your TOK essay determines your final grade for TOK. This final grade when combined with your EE grade will give you 0-3 bonus points.

I was just wondering if it was the real thing because it doesn't sound like it. :D

It sounds like just a simple presentation. I think it would be a gamble to do the actual TOK presentation in this way. It would probably take away from the things you should be talking about. Then again, we had a really good presentation on Reality TV shows, and they showed clips...so that worked well. But that was because there were 3 of them x 10 minutes = 30 minutes.