World Literature 1

Jillian

Okay so my topic is on the motives to kill and how it affects societies perception of the murders. The two books i'm using are Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Marquez and The Stranger by Camus. Firstly, what should i put on the cover page. Second, when writing the essay, am i basically writing a comparison essay where i use quotes and all that good stuff. ALso, so i have to have a bibliography, footnotes etc. Do i have to use literary elements to show the cultural aspects and how they were used to condone or praise the murder? Thats basically why i'm confused about and if you have any other suggestions that would really help. THanks.

[quote name='Jillian' post='40417' date='Mar 15 2009, 11:37 PM']Okay so my topic is on the motives to kill and how it affects societies perception of the murders. The two books i'm using are Chronicle of a Death Foretold by Marquez and The Stranger by Camus. Firstly, what should i put on the cover page. Second, when writing the essay, am i basically writing a comparison essay where i use quotes and all that good stuff. ALso, so i have to have a bibliography, footnotes etc. Do i have to use literary elements to show the cultural aspects and how they were used to condone or praise the murder? Thats basically why i'm confused about and if you have any other suggestions that would really help. THanks.[/quote]

i think i am able to help you. I used The outsider too as my world lit essay novel, and i love your topic too. and what to do on the cover page i suppose your teacher should have told u ? anyways you sould include your research question in the middle or top. and as a header on the left write your name and the right put your session date like for example if you are a 2010 candidate put May 2010 . And yes in the World Lit. you should use quotes and comparison and contrasting and deeply analyze your ideas. and your shoudl include at least 5 footnotes maximum is about 7 i guess. and not do a bibliography, just at the end of your work the very last page put References and put the two books u included for example for The outsider which i have done is : Camus, Albert, The Outsider, Penguin Classics,1983 which includes author's name the novel ofcourse with an underline below it and the publisher and date of publishing. Also you include your word count at the end of your essay. About literary elements, yes its recommended to use them to show culture aspects especially in your topic, get some quotes that prove the topic you have, analyze and include why the author did this and that to show what or portray what ? basically thats it and good luck for it and i wish i helped you enough :(