Chemistry Metals Design Lab

Tarz

So we got a design lab in chem and all my teacher said was "write a lab investigating the properties of metals". I'm so pissed off because that's the most ambiguous task I've ever had to do. Can someone answer these questions?

Should I investigate physical or chemical properties?
How many properties?
How many metals?

I have no idea what would be reasonable. I'm thinking of comparing copper, lead, zinc, and iron. I should go for quantitative data whenever possible.. so I don't really know what to choose. Electrical conductivity is an easy one, but does that count as chem? I think physical properties are physics and I should analyze chemical properties. What does everyone think?

I would mention both the physical and the chemical properties, as they are equally important. As to your question about which metals to mention: it's probably best if you do it in a very general way. Talk about metals, and also metalloids, state the differences. Mention the melting points and how they change when you move across a period/down a group etc.
Hope it helps and good luck!

Well, I would investigate both chemical and physical to make my life easier. I think you would compare different type of metals like Alkali vs Alkaline earth or something like that. Ask your teacher to clarify some of the doubts.