Tok presentation on airbrushed pictures

xoxoemily91

Hi, I would like some advice.

My topic for my tok presentation is : is it ethical to airbrush pictures for a better 'effect'

I will be discussing cultural impacts for example celebrities airbrushed to look thin etc and the impact on girls and women.

My questions would be: is this a too over-done topic?

and i'm having a hard time coming up with knowledge issues. i'm thinking i should define ethical first. and now i'm stuck ;(

btw i'm doing this presentation by myself.

Thanks in advance (:

Edited by xoxoemily91

As long as you have enough to talk about in ten minutes, definitely go for it. You could even go into something to do with sense perception ie/ altering the reality we live in. You could also examine this issue from the two points of views: the people who see the finished product, and the views of the people doing it (ie/ we are doing it to drive up sales...etc).

[quote name='LinuxBeta' post='38910' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:08 AM']As long as you have enough to talk about in ten minutes, definitely go for it. You could even go into something to do with sense perception ie/ altering the reality we live in. You could also examine this issue from the two points of views: the people who see the finished product, and the views of the people doing it (ie/ we are doing it to drive up sales...etc).[/quote]

Thank you so much for your reply and advice. any other advices will be greatly appreciated!

Your topic is fine. Definitely do start with definitions. The format that my teacher has been drilling into our heads since the beginning of the year is: define, state your problem of knowledge, expand, counterclaim, and state any implications that your PoK may have. Not sure if it's the same at your school but in general, the key to success in ToK, in my opinion, is to leave as little room for interpretation as possible. So, basically, provide as many CLEAR examples as you can to expand your ideas so there is absolutely ZERO ambiguity in your points. You don't want to risk leaving things to be interpreted by your teacher or your peers.