IA Help!

TeeBlake

We're doing our chemistry IA right now and I'm officially out of ideas...
The topics that the teacher told us to pick are Acids and Bases, Reaction Kinetics and Energetics.
I already finished one, which I did reaction kinetics lab for...but I'm still thinking about the second one...and I have no idea what to do

Do people have any ideas about Acids and Bases and Energetics? my teacher says that i have to change a variable...=.=
i came up with how [buffers] affect pH..but it's too simple...

HELP?

please and thank you 10x ahead of time...

I think the point of those IAs are to demonstrate that you have sufficient capacity for Laboratory studies. So you should really try to do this on your own.
however, do note that the overall lab should make a universal connection to chemistry. So I just finished a lab on Titration, and made appropriate references to medical studies and drug therapy by application of it.
So aim for this type of connection in a lab.

Your going in the right direction though. Go along with this question. Maybe look at other variables effecting PH buffers. Light intensity, temperature, pressure or presence of blah blah.

Edited by biochem

[quote name='TeeBlake' post='36999' date='Feb 16 2009, 07:14 AM']We're doing our chemistry IA right now and I'm officially out of ideas...
The topics that the teacher told us to pick are Acids and Bases, Reaction Kinetics and Energetics.
I already finished one, which I did reaction kinetics lab for...but I'm still thinking about the second one...and I have no idea what to do

Do people have any ideas about Acids and Bases and Energetics? my teacher says that i have to change a variable...=.=
i came up with how [buffers] affect pH..but it's too simple...

HELP?

please and thank you 10x ahead of time...[/quote]
Well im a 2010 er and we are in the process of doing designs for Energetics first of all there are PLENTYYYYYY online!! I was asked to do one two days ago i found many such as the enthply chnage in reaction for zinc and Copper sukfate you can simply change the reactants .. look for the use of potassium thiosulphate that is well known or simply the reaction between HCl and KOH