Human Sciences

kryram

My teacher is preparing us for the oral presentation by having us practice on given example topics, ones that pertain to each AoK we go over per week. This week we are focusing on the Human Sciences (social sciences). He wants us to prepare some points for a class discussion.

The human sciences are the academic disciplines (e.g. anthropology, economics, political science, sociology, psychology) that try to reduce the mystery of human nature by studying human behavior, human society and social relationships. I know that as much, but how would I delve into the following questions? I want to incorporate as an example of groups of people the tribes in Kenya and South Africa.

How do the human sciences help us to understand many of the misunderstandings and frictions which frequently arise between groups of people?
-Identify a contemporary problem involving the interaction of groups (for example, ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, or religious groups)
-Consider the knowledge given by psychology, anthropology and economics.
-In what ways can these disciplines illuminate the causes and the characteristics of the problem?
-In what ways might they also be relevant to possible solutions?
-Are there other disciplines which would increase our understanding of the particular issue?