IOP help

pooch88

Hello..

Well I've written a poem for my IOP (allegory in Wuthering Heights -- Adam and Eve) and well there's no problem with that.

the problem is the way I bring in the literary features is very stupid.

Here's an example:

For you, the one and only Eve
You’ve locked yourself in Earth
And Catherine,
Perhaps at a subconscious intent
Existed in such a conflict
Relinquishes
To Edgar -- a superficial reality,
Mere beauty
Light-haired and bright
A contrast
Like yin and yang
A contrast to dark, deep Heathcliff
In physique, but more significantly
personae too
This contrast I have created
To separate the wild from the tamed
Where wild is the nature – the essence – the comfort
The tamed what pulls us from such great comfort
into nothing but foreign souls

I don't know - should I just go right ahead and POINT out the features or integrrate them all fancily?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, muchly appreciated :proud:

It doesn't matter how you point them out - what's important is that you state WHY you've included the lit features, as anyone can point them out but not as many students can state the effect and reasoning behind them.

Anyway, once you get into your analysis/discussion, your teacher won't remember your intro if it was indeed awkward.

I also wrote a pastiche for my IOP, and I did pretty well. What I did in the introduction was state what my intent with it was (to show another perspective), and then I went through point by point what I had done to accomplish that. (After reading the poem out, of course.) In my conclusion I discussed why I thought this was an interesting aspect, and why I wanted to do it.

That way I got all the literary features pointed out in an integrated manner. (The points I had was things like contrasts, colour symbols and so on, and for each one of those points I gave an example and explained how I intended for it to work.)

Good luck!

i think its cool the way you've done it. however, make sure you talk about the poem afterwards and analyze why exactly it is a contrast. if you leave it unexplained, chances are you might lose marks. talk slowly, loudly and confidently- that and good analysis you'll do well.