Orthodontic teeth filing?

starz41

[size=4][b]I want to ask my orthodontist to file my teeth to make them as straight as possible.

he wanted to take my braces off in a month, but my 2 front teeth were touching and had a small gap that annoyed me. I asked him about it and he talked to me about filing it and later performed it. I love how it turned out, and later that day i noticed my bottom teeth also had little gaps inbetween where food would get stuck.

first off, i don't really want to annoy my orthodontist with it but i want to file inbetween my other teeth and at the top to make them as straight as possible.

can this be done for free? or will i be too bothersome?
i believe since i paid him like 2 thousand dollars he should do it but idk..
any opinions?

i have to see him again in 3 weeks to check the filing he did today. im thinking he can do the rest next time, and wait 2 weeks after inbetween my teeth to file the top, than 3 more weeks he can finally take them off?
what do u guys think?
help is needed, thanks![/b][/size]

Edited by starz41

after i got my braces off they files my teeth for free, but it was only that one time after they came off. i paid over 4000 USD to get the teeth that i have, and i don't think that they would do anything for me for free.

i think that you are going to have little gaps between your teeth. i don't think that it is a problem, but if it bothers you talk to the orthodontisit about it and see what can be done.

i don't know what you mean by filling in the gap though? what did he fill it with?

[quote name='IBStuck' post='34980' date='Jan 28 2009, 10:22 PM']after i got my braces off they files my teeth for free, but it was only that one time after they came off. i paid over 4000 USD to get the teeth that i have, and i don't think that they would do anything for me for free.

i think that you are going to have little gaps between your teeth. i don't think that it is a problem, but if it bothers you talk to the orthodontisit about it and see what can be done.

i don't know what you mean by filling in the gap though? what did he fill it with?[/quote]

i said file, he used that sandpaper-y thing where it just saws into your teeth

Edited by starz41

[quote name='starz41' post='34998' date='Jan 28 2009, 07:14 PM']i said file, he used that sandpaper-y thing where it just saws into your teeth[/quote]

oh sorry i miss read that part. get them files if it bothers you that much. i liked it when they did it to my teeth they looked so good, but remebr that your teeth are goint to still shift a bit once the braces come off. mine are not as straight as they were after i first got them off, and i wear my retainer and everything so they will still be straight just not like jonny depp in charlie and the chocolate factory.

[quote name='IBStuck' post='35025' date='Jan 29 2009, 04:28 AM']oh sorry i miss read that part. get them files if it bothers you that much. i liked it when they did it to my teeth they looked so good, but remebr that your teeth are goint to still shift a bit once the braces come off. mine are not as straight as they were after i first got them off, and i wear my retainer and everything so they will still be straight just not like jonny depp in charlie and the chocolate factory.[/quote]

did you keep your retainer on all the time?