Econ EE Primary Data ideas?

haimsxx_02

Hey guys, I'm writing my ee in economics and the research question is: To what extent has the "Amazon effect"created an impact on high street retail department stores in the UK? 

The issue is I'm not sure what area to specify into. Whether it be looking into the unemployment-aspect of it to go into macro Econ or the price wars and price competition. There is also the option to look into the land value and real estate value as these department stores are shutting down so more land is available for other business to take up. I have been advised that the best way to decipher which path to take is dependent on the data I can get but i am  finding it difficult to approach this though I have started, I am still somewhat confused as I feel that being unsure of what data to look for makes the process harder. Can anyone help me establish how to find data and what type of data would be good to research for a topic like this and which pathway would be best to take? I also need some help in possibly attaining primary research? 

Would really appreciate the help if anyone can help!