Twilight by Stephenie Meyer for EE topic?

jack

• 4 weeks later...

it sounds more like a world lit type topic to me...
but aside from the whole "OH MY GOSH! TWILIGHT " thing, i guess you could.
except what exactly are you comparing?
sure edward basically fits all criteria for a "byronic hero" but Heathcliffe is a bit iffy.
possibly you could do a comparison between the two so you focus on how edward is say 'perfect, whilst Healthcliffe is 'self-destructive' and how this affects their roles, personalities and beliefs. oh and plot to!
i'm not really sure how to approach english as an EXTENDED ESSAY since i've only ever done (and still do-ING) it for WL
hope it helped in some way....(highly unlikely but oh well)
-_-

• 2 weeks later...

i'm doing my EE on english too (:

it doesn't sound bad. teachers recommend something that you can enjoy and have fun working with. i'm a huge twilight fan so i considered something like harry potter vs. twilight but i ended up with color symbolism in gone with the wind.

as long as you can have fun with it and you can write a solid essay, supporing your argument with specific textual examples, go for it.
but my teacher told me not to pick your [i]very[/i] favorite literature piece because writing a 4000 words on it will make you get sick of that book.