Subjects good for Business Management

Zosia

Hi guys!

Recently I decided that Medicine isn't such a good fit for me and the best thing to study for me would be BM (I know it is a completely different subject, but it wasn't a sudden decision, it's reconsidered in every possible way and I'm pretty certain about it) . 
As  I have previously chosen subjects for Medicine, now I've got a problem with choosing those suitable for BM.

For now, I'm considering the following subjects:

Grupa 1: Polish A SL
Grupa 2: English B HL
Grupa 3: Business Management HL (90%)/ Economics HL(10%)
Grupa 4: Chemistry SL/HL
Grupa 5: Mathematics SL/HL 
Grupa 6: Geography SL, Computer Science SL/HL, History SL, Economics SL

My first problem:
I've heard a lot of people saying that BM in IB isn't worth it and Economics is better. However, the BM's curriculum is way more interesting for me. Have anyone taken BM and could say something more about it?

Second:
I am certain about two HL - BM (or Economics, but it's not very likely that I took it) and English B. Now, I need to choose the third one and my options are: Mathematics, Chemistry, Computer Science. When it comes to Maths, I'm just afraid that my exam score won't be good enough to go to the good uni. I am not bad at it and my teacher says that I would be able to do it, but - like I said - I am afraid especially due to so many people suffering because of it. Chemistry - I love this subject and it would be nothing but a pleasure for me to do it on HL. However, it's not really connected to BM and I don't know if universities would like this choice. CS - I consider it as useful, but also very demanding. I could do this, but like in the math case, I know I'd have to work very hard (not necessarily being interested in the topic) to get a good score.

Last (but not least) problem - the sixth subject. 
I'm good at all considered subjects -  Geography SL, Computer Science SL History SL and Economics SL - but what will prove the most useful in the matter of BM?

That's all. I will be veeeeeery grateful for your feedback, so if u could help me in any way, please do it ;p

I think that generally Economics is considered a more rigorous and appreciated subject the BM.  Math would also be good for Business. You can do both economics and BM at HL.

I think that you should start with 4 HL's and see how you do in Math. It may better for you to do Chemistry at SL. You can drop one of the subjects if you want (ie. Econ/Math) and stay with the three that you like. I would recommend:

HL

Business

Economics

Math

English B

SL

Polish A

Chemistry

I'd say Maths HL is an unnecessary stretch for Business at university, but SL is useful. Which country do you want to study in? You might want to check if the universities you're applying to have any entry requirements that you need to fulfil. If you think the BM curriculum is more interesting to you, I'd go with that, because you're more likely to get a high grade in something you enjoy. 

I'm about to graduate with a degree in Business Studies, and I took HL History, Psychology and English B, and SL Chemistry, Polish A and Maths (the subjects were chosen to study law, but were perfectly fine when applying for Business in the UK).