my extended essay

burbulithrinimou

my extended essay was in business and managment. i focused on outsourcing and i can say that chosing a topic containing outsourcing it is easy to analyse.. as theoretical tools i used ansoff matrix, swot analysis, pest analysis, theory of outsourcing.

as bibliography (generally for business managment) i use :

business studies- bruce r. jewell
business studies- david hall (..) third edition
the definite business plan- richard stately

all books are really helpful..

• 3 weeks later...

My business extended essay focussed on the impact large well recognised brand retailers have on small scale sole traders. I selected this commercial street where a large supermarket opened and the impact it would have on the other small traders. I had a swot analysis, ecoonmies of scale, positioning map and marketing mix analysis.

Had several interviews with the owners and used newspaper articles for my bibliograpghy. Make sure that your research is more based on secondary sources than primary as that is a new requirement/want from the examiners. Using google books is very useful if you want to use books in your research.

Do not waste too many words on background information. You can put in all in an appendix.

Make it well presented, good layout and interesting to read. remember that examiners have to read loads of these essays and if your is well presented and eye catching they will want to read your and will perhaps be more kind if they enjoy reading it.