I need your opinion

topnotch5

I think it may be a little lacking in support as you have to be able to argue a topic question and all you would have to argue on would be opinion, legend and the unexplained. You might be able to do something that examines the 'effect of the Bermuda triangle on the culture and beliefs of neighboring islands' (if you can get any information) or you could investigate different interpretations of the Bermuda triangle mystery, like 'an investigation into the plausibility of different interpretations' or something. Ultimately, you need to be passionate about what you're doing, or else it will become a drag and that will reflect itself on the finished product. If you have enough sources and information and an arguable topic that you can support with examples and reason, go for it. Don't allow yourself to be cajoled into a topic you really don't want.

I think it may be a little lacking in support as you have to be able to argue a topic question and all you would have to argue on would be opinion, legend and the unexplained. You might be able to do something that examines the 'effect of the Bermuda triangle on the culture and beliefs of neighboring islands' (if you can get any information) or you could investigate different interpretations of the Bermuda triangle mystery, like 'an investigation into the plausibility of different interpretations' or something. Ultimately, you need to be passionate about what you're doing, or else it will become a drag and that will reflect itself on the finished product. If you have enough sources and information and an arguable topic that you can support with examples and reason, go for it. Don't allow yourself to be cajoled into a topic you really don't want.

This is a topic that interests me so I have that going for me. I guess my title could be The Bermuda Triangle: An Investigation for the Truth or something like that. There are plenty of opposing viewpoints and Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to get 300-500 words out of each. I'll just have to make it work.

Be careful with 'the Truth' because with stuff like this there is vary rarely any conclusive truth. But I like where you're going and it's good that you're interested. You could find the most viable option by arguing for it and seeing if it is supported by the ways of knowing. If it is not, then it can't be known, and you're in a spot of trouble. But it sounds fun, and don't let me tell you what to do. Good Luck!!

Be careful with 'the Truth' because with stuff like this there is vary rarely any conclusive truth. But I like where you're going and it's good that you're interested. You could find the most viable option by arguing for it and seeing if it is supported by the ways of knowing. If it is not, then it can't be known, and you're in a spot of trouble. But it sounds fun, and don't let me tell you what to do. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the help. Maybe I won't use "truth" but more along the lines of examining all the possibilities and stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on what kind of viewpoint you take. I mean, from a History perspective it'd be pretty hard, whereas if you take a Science perspective, I don't really see where you would actually get anywhere, seeing as how you wouldn't be able to do a lab, but a research paper. What are you thinking of doing? Remember; it's not just a research paper on any topic. It has to fit with IB's expectations.