Written task 1

Hi guys, 

I'm in English A Lang Lit SL and I'm about to write my written task 1. So I'm decided to write an opinion column, yet for example if I choose to do something with feminism, which points are we supposed to include? Is the opinion column a critique of the stimulus material? Is it opinion on the chosen specific issue in general supported with facts? I'm just confused about how you can show your knowledge and understanding of a topic studied for Part 2, for example. Thanks in advance for responses.

• 2 weeks later...

Use any format you like, as long as it is a paper form: Speech, Newspaper, Blog, Twitter post, etc. 800 words, 200 word rationale (not part of the 800) and don't make an essay. Also, this should be mostly using facts to formulate-opinions, so newspaper is a bit iffy because they typically specify facts.

Tip: While writing, careful not to insert information that veers away from the topic.

I would say for the main points of your opinion column, have a look at examples of opinion columns and see how they format it. Then just apply it to the issue you're looking at. Try and figure out what exactly it is you want to say. There's really no set way of writing this or a specific point you need to include. I think that as long as you understand the issue and the various viewpoints/perspectives involved in the issue, and have an opinion on the issue, just...write it out :) hope this helped somehow!