math studies teacher

Smi11a

Hi, I am taking mathematical studies, math is not my weakest subject however I chose it so I can focus on other subjects. However my teacher makes everything more confusing and messy and  makes it harder than it is, I was wondering what I can do as I need a 7 in the subject?  The majority of class is unhappy with the teacher .

Outside of studying on your own, which may be difficult, get with a few of your classmates and talk with the teacher about why the class is struggling. Let them know what specifically makes learning difficult (ex: teaching too fast). I had to do the same with my math teacher and she recognized the problem and fixed it easily. If your teacher ignores their issues, go to the math department head, your counselor, or the IB coordinator who should be able to handle the issue. Make sure to go with a few other people because that will show that it isn't just an issue with you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For each topic of math studies you can find countless how to videos on Youtube and other math sites. That would be my tip to you is use these videos in self study and the issue will be solved. If you still not getting it then ask a class mate who is and most likely they will be willing to help. We are all struggling together. 

• Like 1