My English teacher thinks I plagiarized my essay!

Nephthys2000

I sent my teacher my written task and now he thinks I plagiarized it. He said that if I copy one of my sentences then I could find out where its from so I did exactly that and I found sites that were similar to my topic but not an exact site. I don't know what he is talking about me plagiarizing my essay but I know for a fact that I didn't copy and exact sentence. I will admit that I did turn some sentences into my own words but I did not copy. I even got an account on a paid plagiarism checker site to see if I accidentally plagiarized or something like that and the site said that it was 100% my work. I even proved to him that it was my work but till doesn't believe me. Now my teacher is making me do the essay in an test environment. What should I do?  

Talk to your IB Coordinator about it, ask them to run it through turnitin or whatever plagiarism software your school uses. It seems like your teacher has no grounds to be accusing you of plagiarism. In 'real life' that would be considered libel. I don't think you should give in to redoing the essay, unless your school gets really stubborn and gives you no choice. It is not ok to accuse someone of something they didn't do. For the future, though, if you paraphrase something, reference it, just to be on the safe side. No one expects crazy originality from you, you're just a high school student with limited resources. 

• Like 1