Biology EE on ecology or plant biology?

oirampok13

So im doing my EE on biology, and im thingking of two topics right now, the first would be to do a comparative study between two small lakes in my neighbourhood, the lakes are about only a few kilometers apart, but on has been subjected to pollutants due to people using the area for recreational purposes, the other lake has remained pristine. I will do a water analysis to find the compounds dissolved in the water, and also collect the plants found in both lakes, also noting the densities and the species of plants found. 

The other topic im thingking of is to do an experiment where i compare the antibacterial effectiveness of natural and locally founds herbs and plants against modern and commercially available antiseptics. For example the locals in my area use garlic, tumeric and a mixture of other hers to form a paste that they rub on wounds. I will use an incubator and petri dishes with agar jelly to test the effectiveness of these local drugs.