My IA draft is due in a week, and I hate labs

PjsRock14

I enjoy chemistry, I think it's quite interesting, but I hate labs with a passion. I can do the write-up and I normally score decently, but I have no interest in them other than getting a mark booster.

Most of the others in my grade have ideas but I honestly cannot think of a single IA to do that A) I have access to the correct equipment, B) I have the technical knowledge for, and C) is different enough from what I'm planning on doing for my bio IA (I'm kinda in the same boat there, but I have a decent idea). 

Because of the above factors, I have decided that a Data Analysis IA would be the best, where I evaluate various sets of data and come to a conclusion based on the research of others. I have seen IB exemplars of this sort (2/10 that my teacher showed to my class) but I'm wondering if students do these regularly? As far as I know, I'm the only one planning on taking this route, and I'd like to hear what others think about this. Did you or someone you know do this? What was your question? What did you get? 

Any replies would be welcome, Thank you in advance!