IA topic&research question fine????

Nutella_lover

hey guys can someone tell me if my topic for my ess ia and research question is a good choice 

Title: Soil analysis of an organic and inorganic farm

Research Question: To what extent does the soil production and soil fertility of an organic and inorganic farm differ 

Edited by Nutella_lover

Hi there,

Your idea is good, it is unique, an you can write much about it; are you going to use specific measuring techniques such as Simpsons diversity index, Population index, or use a transect? As you could add this to your research question.

Good luck with data collection and the IA! ^_^

Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask =) 

Edited by Oscarthecat3

Thank you :) well i didn't think of that but seem like a good idea! however what do you mean by population? since its soil i'm dealing. As in ill take soil from both farms that grow the same crop like rice and then test its Ph, salinity, sand, silt and clay composition etc and make tables for it and then analyse. What else would you suggest to do?

Btw congrats on passing te IB! 

Edited by Nutella_lover

2 hours ago, Nutella_lover said:

Thank you :) well i didn't think of that but seem like a good idea! however what do you mean by population? since its soil i'm dealing. As in ill take soil from both farms that grow the same crop like rice and then test its Ph, salinity, sand, silt and clay composition etc and make tables for it and then analyse. What else would you suggest to do?

Btw congrats on passing te IB! 

Don't worry about the population index, i shouldn't have put it in as an example.