PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH MY ESS IA

SHETTY

Hey Guys,

Its High time I start with my ESS IA and I have still not finalized my IA topic.

First It was how does concentration of different pollutants in water affect the growth of lemna plant?. this was supposed to be my IA but My ESS mentor told that its already there in the OSC guide.

I am interested in soil and aquatic systems. Could you please suggest me some good areas of research!!

An I had one more question

Is more marks awarded to lab experiments than secondary data collection

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE SOON

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of doing different pollutants, you could do different pH levels? Pollutants can affect a water's pH, so it still ties into your original idea. I recommend doing more than one plant, so you can get more comprehensive data and it would differ more from the one in the OSC guide. I took ESS last and got a 7 on my IA with a somewhat similar topic. I used four different plants and a few different independent variables (+ a control group), so I got a large enough data set to work with and talk about trends between the different plants. 

I don't believe more marks are awarded, but that sounds like a question that your teacher might have more info on.

Hope this helps!

• 4 years later...
On 9/3/2016 at 3:26 AM, hopefulundertone said:

Instead of doing different pollutants, you could do different pH levels? Pollutants can affect a water's pH, so it still ties into your original idea. I recommend doing more than one plant, so you can get more comprehensive data and it would differ more from the one in the OSC guide. I took ESS last and got a 7 on my IA with a somewhat similar topic. I used four different plants and a few different independent variables (+ a control group), so I got a large enough data set to work with and talk about trends between the different plants. 

I don't believe more marks are awarded, but that sounds like a question that your teacher might have more info on.

Hope this helps!

Hello, im doing my IA right now on something similar and I apparently need to do a chi-squared test or a t test with my data but I have absolutely no clue and i have looked it up on youtube and I still dont know... could you please help me, or send me ur IA so i can have a sample.