Biology IA help

wookie2187

My biology teacher (who is also the IB coordinator at my school) said that there are three ways to possibly do a Bio IA.  The first is to create your own experiment and analyze your own data. This way is the most straight forward and tends to receive good marks. The second way is to use data from an existing source (like a database) but not a journal from which the data has already been analyzed.  This is another possible way although it tends to be more difficult to receive good marks on this as the analysis must be well done and extensive to make up for not having your own experiment. The third way is through an open ended simulation, on that does not provide conclusions but can simulate a lab that you may not be able to do yourself  because of cost or because of the animal experimentation policies. This last way im not quite as knowledgeable on yet as I myself an still going through the process of deciding on an IA topic and my teacher has not fully covered that last option.

I hope this helps! Good luck on your IA!

• Like 3