I found it was ok. But I kept banging my head against the wall afterwards because I couldn't remember the name for Brown and Kulik -- for some reason I kept on thinking it was Kim and Hersch which I knew wasn't the right name. So I ended up just doing that 'A study said' blah blah blah. I even wrote down all the study names I could think of trying to remember Brown and Kulik xD. 

It was sooo easy I was really happy once I saw the examination paper! I have a best techer ever and she prepared me perfectly! I feel like Ihave real chances to get 7 :) Firstly, I was afraid they would ask about memory models (I suck at them!!!) or theories like SIT and SLT where you have to memorise and write a lot in order to obtain an essay that is coherent and actually makes sense, but eventually they went with so basic and easy topics... For my extended response I chose the one about ethics in biological studies since you can really write about any biological study you want and just come up with ethical standards that were violated without really any preparation beforehand. Did you guys also choose this topic?

27 minutes ago, PWAAH said:

I found it was ok. But I kept banging my head against the wall afterwards because I couldn't remember the name for Brown and Kulik -- for some reason I kept on thinking it was Kim and Hersch which I knew wasn't the right name. So I ended up just doing that 'A study said' blah blah blah. I even wrote down all the study names I could think of trying to remember Brown and Kulik xD. 

But you know that we are not assessed for knowing the names of researchers, right? They give us marks for the form of an answer, arguments, explanations, description of a study, evaluation and conclusion. We don't have to remember neither a date, nor researchers :) 

Edited by Hanadai

So what if I confused the names of like 3 studies? Do you think they'll mark me down a lot for that? I'm really scared because I knew all the content perfectly but in one short answer I messed up 2 study names (Hofsteder instead of Heider, Lee et al instead of Lau and Russell) and in the essay I put Perrin and Smith instead of Perrin and Spencer

Edited by claudiah

If you write something that is not true (that is, if you confuse the names, like you said), then they will subtract points from your overall score. But if you don't write the names at all, then they will not do it ;) But don't worry, you're not screwed as long as confusion of names is the most serious thing you did on this paper. You can get 22 points for extended response, so obviously they won't mark you down like 5 or 6 points only because you used wrong names.

Edited by Hanadai

8 hours ago, Hanadai said:

But you know that we are not assessed for knowing the names of researchers, right? They give us marks for the form of an answer, arguments, explanations, description of a study, evaluation and conclusion. We don't have to remember neither a date, nor researchers :) 

Actually I didn't. My teacher always took marks off for not including the name of the researcher. Oh well, that actually makes me feel better about my exam :)

i did alright im very skeptical on what I got. I think I did well but idk the questions were alright they could've been easier but we'll see im hoping for a 6 on psych but realistically prolly got a 5, for section B i did the "factors influencing conformity" and talked about Bandura, Asch (1951), and Berry (1967) which option did you guys pick?