Am I doing TOK IA correctly?

anonymous

Hey guys, I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on whether me and my partner are doing our tok presentation properly, since we have been struggling lately, and external sources haven't been much help.

RLS is : a 2013 united nations human rights council discussion on lethal autonomous robots.

KQ is : Under what circumstances should technology be aloud to make decisions?

Our first perspective is a theory that defines emotion, our second perspective is a philosopher's definition of intuition, and our third perspective is a psychologist's definition of reason.

For each of our perspective, we're planning on analyzing the statements (strengths, weaknesses), and then, based off those perspectives, concluding whether technology is able to have emotion, reason, or intuition, and how each aok plays a role in decision making.

For our conclusion, we will be stating under what circumstances technology should be able to make decisions (ex.only of they are able to have emotion), and how the aok's intertwine and work together for decision making. 

So do you guys think we are on the right track? Not quite sure if we are doing the right thing, would love to get some feedback! 

• 3 months later...

See case studies with discussion and sample KQ (Knowledge Questions) for the year 2016 for getting a perspective.

http://mindpads.org/tok-theory-of-knowledge-final-presentation-case-studies-and-sample-kq-2016-17/

Importance of KQ and RLS :

KQ( Knowledge Question): The Soul of the Presentation

·      The KQ or the knowledge question earlier referred by IB as KI (Knowledge Issue) is the search tool to build the body of your TOK Presentation. The KQs are open ended and incisive, asking for thoughtful and critical examination of the topic.

·      Develop the TOK Presentation by connecting and weaving the threads of understanding the answers to your KQs.

·      A typical KQ explores a particular topic /theme in depth or combines examining any particular AOK with a WOK tool. We have formulated sample KQs for the TOK Presentations for you to work on.

RLS (Real Life Situation): The essential for TOK Presentation

Examples and Case Studies...

·      RLS or simply put incidents from reality serve as examples for explaining and justifying our claims/counterclaims in the TOK Presentation. They serve as anecdotal evidence for our arguments.

·      RLS also double up as the case studies for TOK Presentation topics. RLS need not be contentious in nature. Good choices of RLS involve different viewpoints and are significant to us as civilization. These will prompt and invoke interesting debate and discussion.

·      The RLS used in the TOK Presentation are normally picked from the current events of your IB Diploma years. The more we can connect the AOK and WOK to the RLS, the better it is!

Do write further if you need further assistance.

http://mindpads.org/support-and-contact-for-ib-tok-essay-presentation-and-ib-economics-commentaries/

Hope this helps.

Best.

Mindpads.org