History HL and Business HL

Shelley

Hi, 

I am currently an 11th grader and for next year I have to choose my HL's. I was wondering if anyone knows if taking Business HL and History HL is a lot of work and if I should replace business HL for Bio HL. I want to study business in college however, the history program is very good at my school and our teacher basically told us to do HL since the difference between SL and HL when it comes to grading is very small. Is choosing two level 3 subject HL's really complicated? 

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to study business in college definitely take BM HL!! 

I also took both BM and History HL at the first place, but I've changed History to Econ because my teacher sucks and I have no knowledge or even interested in history at all. Anyway the topics in BM HL is not complicated at all (I feel like that) the difficult part is the IA where you have to do it base on a primary research.

And I have a lot of friends taking both History and BM HL, two level 3 HL's subject and they are doing just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm currently taking B&M HL!

Just like what L.smy said, if you're planning on taking B&M in uni, go for it! It's not too complicated in my opinion, but there sure are a lot of things to remember. The exams are mostly about how much terminology and BSing you can do tbh. It's just that a lot of people say that it's harder to score a 7 for B&M compared to other group 3 subjects. Idk how true that statement is tho.