Studying in Germany

vitiu

I wonder how German universities take into account our Diploma.

The farthest I have reached is this: http://www.frankfurt-school.de/content/en/education_programmes/bachelor/general_information_bsc/eligibility.html

Does this mean, that if I want to for example to study Physics, but I have Biology and Chemistry at HL, I am still eligible to do so?

Webpages of German universities aren't very helpful, some just say that there is a "free admission" or there's an aptitude test.

<concerning the language, I will have passed DAF exams by the time I apply for the university>

Yes, I believe it does.  Don't quote me on that though!

I'd like to study in Germany (maybe) but unfortunately I don't do a science at HL.  It seems silly to HAVE to do an HL science in order to study, say, politics or art.  I wonder how flexible they are.

Does this mean, that if I want to for example to study Physics, but I have Biology and Chemistry at HL, I am still eligible to do so?

Yes, I believe it does.  Don't quote me on that though!

I'd like to study in Germany (maybe) but unfortunately I don't do a science at HL.  It seems silly to HAVE to do an HL science in order to study, say, politics or art.  I wonder how flexible they are.

According to the IBO website, you must have either math HL or a science at HL in order to be considered as "eligible" for university admission. However, that is just the minimum requirement. In other words, if you only take bio & chem but not physics, you are still eligible to apply for the physics program at any German universities using your IB diploma (i.e. your IB diploma will be recognized by the universities as a valid high-school diploma). However, whether you will be admitted to their physics programs or not is an entirely different matter. Some universities (or perhaps most) will ask for special requirements as well. In that case, you are eligible to apply to their physic programs, but you won't be able to get any offers, simply because you didn't take physics in high school.

I believe that's how university admissions work in Germany. But don't take my words for it, as I've never applied to a German university before.