TOK Presentation Moderation

turtle turtle

So in the rubrik for the TOK presentation, I got all my ticks in (and 2 in between) the 9-10 column but I think I got an 8. Is it normal for that to happen or is it weird I didn't get a 9 with all the ticks in that section? Also, do the moderators look at these ticks or does that not get sent?

So I was wondering if TOK presentation grades often get moderated up? Or do they usually only get moderated down? Thanks!

So in the rubrik for the TOK presentation, I got all my ticks in (and 2 in between) the 9-10 column but I think I got an 8. Is it normal for that to happen or is it weird I didn't get a 9 with all the ticks in that section? Also, do the moderators look at these ticks or does that not get sent?

So I was wondering if TOK presentation grades often get moderated up? Or do they usually only get moderated down? Thanks!

If you got ticks in the 9-10 column, there's no way you could have gotten an 8/10 because the TOK presentation is out of 10 when your teacher marks it. 

The TOK presentation doesn't really get moderated unless there is a huge discrepancy between how you did on your TOK essay (which is externally assessed) and how you did on the presentation. 

• Like 1

If you got ticks in the 9-10 column, there's no way you could have gotten an 8/10 because the TOK presentation is out of 10 when your teacher marks it. 

The TOK presentation doesn't really get moderated unless there is a huge discrepancy between how you did on your TOK essay (which is externally assessed) and how you did on the presentation. 

That's what happened though and I was really surprised because if we met all the criteria in the first column, why did we get an 8? Are they generally marked very harshly with teachers never wanting to give 9s and 10s even if the presentation's good?

That's what happened though and I was really surprised because if we met all the criteria in the first column, why did we get an 8? Are they generally marked very harshly with teachers never wanting to give 9s and 10s even if the presentation's good?

Strange.. o.O Did you try asking your teacher about this as well? 

• Like 1

No I haven't, because technically they're not meant to tell us what mark we got. Is it likely that my mark would get moderated up, or that the IB would look at the ticks, or do they only look at the TK/PPd?

No I haven't, because technically they're not meant to tell us what mark we got. Is it likely that my mark would get moderated up, or that the IB would look at the ticks, or do they only look at the TK/PPd?

I think they only look at your essay unless there is a huge difference between the essay and the presentation.