IOC- list of prescribed books- Desperately need help

Siddhakshi

Hi,

I'm doing english A: literature

A few days ago I found out that my English teacher accidentally taught me two collections of poetry for the literature IOC which is not allowed. Both the works should be of different genres.

I'm really scared she's messed up my books and I wanted to reaffirm that all the works I have studied are approved by IB. I don't want to get penalized for using a book not in the IB list. If anyone has a list of prescribed works that can be used that would be helpful. I'm also listing the books I have done in case anyone has done those particular books for a section.

For Part 1 (works in translation-WA) I have used: 

A dolls house and the three sisters

For Part 2 (detailed study- IOC)

Julius Caesar and a collection of poems by wilfred owen (this is where she had originally messed up and what I'm most confused about)

For Part 3 (literary genres- paper 2)

Things Fall Apart (Chinua achebe)

1984 (george orwell)

The great gatsby

Part 4 (IOP)

A cup of tea (Mansfield)

Selvi (RK Narayan)

Please please help, my IOC is in 3 days.

Edit: I know that in actuality we have prescribed authors, but is it certain that these books are allowed? And when we need 2 genres in part 1 is my combination okay?

thank you!

Edited by Siddhakshi

Hey, the IB gives out a prescribed list of authors (PLA) and not books. These are for IOC, IOP, paper 2. So its upto your teacher to choose an appropriate text written by that author.For the WA (world in translation), a PLT (prescribed literature in translation) is the list you wanna have a look at. Again, your teacher chooses from this list. Have a look at both of them and se if the texts/authors you're studying are prescribed or not.

• Like 1