Chinese self-taught IOC poetry help!

So I have always been told that the extract should be 40 lines no matter what kind of work is chosen. But lately I came across the syllabus in Chinese which stated that for poetry it is okay to just choose ONE poem at any length (as long as it provides enough content for good analysis I suppose) or an extract from a long poem.... The language in the syllabus was kind of vague too. I feel kind of confused, how have you guys done it?

So I have always been told that the extract should be 40 lines no matter what kind of work is chosen. But lately I came across the syllabus in Chinese which stated that for poetry it is okay to just choose ONE poem at any length (as long as it provides enough content for good analysis I suppose) or an extract from a long poem.... The language in the syllabus was kind of vague too. I feel kind of confused, how have you guys done it?

Just out of curiosity, how does a self-taught language IOC work? Who chooses the passage? Who asks the questions at the end?

Sorry I can't be any help :/

Good luck :)

Haha thanks for showing your concern either way :)

Well, in the first year your coordinator will give you 10 questions (one for each genre) and you just choose passages accordingly. During the actual IOC you get two questions from the same genre and you choose one of them to answer. So you can imagine that with good preparations it's actually pretty easy to get high grades :P The "jargons" are a pain in the buttocks tho hahah, but I have another taught A language so that def helps :)